Here are some of the most common types of pergolas:
- Freestanding pergolas: Freestanding pergolas are not attached to any other structure.
- Attached pergolas: Attached pergolas are connected to a building, such as your house or deck.
- Arched pergolas: Arched pergolas have a curved roof.
- Louvered pergolas: Louvered pergolas have adjustable slats that can be opened or closed to control the amount of sunlight and rain that is let in.
- Awning pergolas: Awning pergolas have a retractable roof that can be extended or retracted as needed.